College of Education CITE-Lab (Student) Account Creation/Reactivation
According to the Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures, students must agree to adhere to the IT Practices and Guidelines of the University of Houston System and the CITE Lab. One may not proceed to create or reactivate an account unless one agrees to adhere to these polices and procedures by acknowledging them at the end of this web page.
Read The University of Houston Information Technology Practices and Procedures
(opens in new window, close to return here).
CITE Lab Usage Policies
In addition to agreeing to the University of Houston's IT Practices and Guidelines, students must also adhere to the following specific CITE Lab Polices:
- No food or open drink containers are allowed in the CITE Lab.
- No cell phone usage is allowed in the CITE Lab. If you wish to use a cell phone, please do so outside of the lab itself. You'll get better reception anyway.
- If you must bring children to the lab, please supervise them at all times. Check their behavior to make sure they are not interfering with other students' work.
- Please do your part to keep the noise level to a minimum.
- Do not unplug any cable of a computer; this includes the ethernet cable. If you want to use your laptop in the CITE Lab, you must use a wireless connection.
- If there is a waiting list for use of CITE Lab computers, all users must be engaged in academic uses of the computers.
- Be aware of classes scheduled in the room in which you are working (check the posted lab schedule regularly) and plan to log out ten minutes before the start of the class to avoid unnecessary disruptions to the instructor.
- You must log out of the computer when you leave the computer labs for a time period over ten minutes. Failure to do so may result in someone else accessing your account without your knowledge. Remember, you are responsible for any violation of University policies that occur with your account, even when you did not perform the action.
- You may not reserve computers for any student.
- Do not turn off any of the computers.
- If a class is in session and you are not enrolled in that class, do not enter the room and use any of the computers.
- If you print a document you don't want, place it in the blue recycle bin next to the printer.
- If your computer begins to display explicit or inappropriate images (i.e. your profile has been inadvertently hijacked by a worm or virus), turn off your monitor and notify a lab assistant.
- Keep the labs clean. Throw away your trash.
- I understand that each student receives 2,000 printing credits per semester. Printing one sheet of black and white printing costs one credit. Printing one sheet of color to the color laser printer costs twenty credits. I will budget accordingly. I acknowledge that when I run out of printing credits I will not receive any more for the remainder of the semester. Refunds will only be given for documented evidence of printer failure.